Friday, January 30, 2004

Department of Frustration

My computer is on the fritz. Apart from this nasty virus that's cutting a wide swath around the globe, infecting, when I last heard, one out of every three e-mails *in the world,* my browser has been eaten away by spyware to the point that it will no longer open. Period. Which means I can send e-mail but I can't get on the Web.

Thanks to Microsoft's brilliant bundling of the browser into the OS, I can't simply delete my Internet Explorer and reinstall a clean version. No. I have to reinstall my whole frickin' operating system. Which means that first I have to somehow backup all of the files I don't want to lose, which I won't be able to do until this weekend, when I can visit a friend who's got a Zip drive.

Meanwhile I am posting this from Clare's Mac, and for some reason there are a number of operations you cannot do in Blogger on a Mac, such as boldface text by hitting a button.

Whine, whine, whine. I'm tired of winter.